The Stanford Vascular Laboratory, located in Pleasanton, serves healthcare providers and patients by offering advanced, noninvasive, diagnostic, medical ultrasound technology while ensuring high-quality results.
Procedures Performed at the Vascular Lab:
Direct testing (duplex imaging): A duplex ultrasound evaluates the blood flow through your arteries and veins. We perform the following types of ultrasounds:
- Carotid ultrasound - ultrasound of the carotid arteries
- Renal ultrasound - ultrasound of the blood flow to the kidneys
- Abdominal ultrasound - ultrasound of the abdomen
- Mesenteric ultrasound - ultrasound of the mesenteric arteries
Indirect testing (non-imaging): Indirect testing does not use an ultrasound machine. In most cases, we will use blood pressure cuffs to measure and compare the difference in blood pressure in your arms and legs.
- Arterial - Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) with waveforms
- Arterial - Segmental pressures and waveforms (P&Ws), upper or lower extremity
- Arterial - Treadmill with arterial pressures
- Arterial - TOS assessment (thoracic outlet syndrome) Pressures & arterial waveforms (P&Ws), with maneuvers
Why Choose Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare:
Our vascular surgeons at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare provide deep expertise in diagnosing and treating a range of conditions affecting the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. With Stanford Medicine physicians working alongside community doctors, we provide convenient local care with access to the latest innovations and research.
Back to top