Located in Pleasanton, the Vascular Lab serves patients with state-of-the-art non-invasive testing and diagnostic testing while ensuring high-quality results. The Vascular Lab offers the convenience of:
- non-invasive testing
- same-day imaging appointments
- follow-up clinic visits with our on-site vascular team
- 24/7 availability of our vascular surgeons
Procedures Performed at the Vascular Lab:
Two types of testing occur at the Lab – direct testing and indirect testing. Direct testing (duplex imaging) is a duplex ultrasound that evaluates the blood flow through your arteries and veins. We perform the following types of ultrasounds:
- Carotid ultrasound - ultrasound of the carotid arteries
- Renal ultrasound - ultrasound of the blood flow to the kidneys
- Abdominal ultrasound - ultrasound of the abdomen
- Mesenteric ultrasound - ultrasound of the mesenteric arteries
Indirect testing (non-imaging) does not use an ultrasound machine. In most cases, we will use blood pressure cuffs to measure and compare the difference in blood pressure in your arms and legs.
- Arterial - Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) with waveforms
- Arterial - Segmental pressures and waveforms (P&Ws), upper or lower extremity
- Arterial - Treadmill with arterial pressures
- Arterial - TOS assessment (thoracic outlet syndrome) pressures & arterial waveforms (P&Ws), with maneuvers
Why Choose Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare:
Our vascular surgeons at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare provide deep expertise in diagnosing and treating a range of conditions affecting the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. With Stanford Medicine physicians working alongside community doctors, we provide convenient local care with access to the latest innovations and research.
Testing at the Vascular Lab is performed by clinically skilled registered vascular technologists with specialized training. Please refer to the Patient Test Request Form below, which needs to be filled out and signed by your doctor. The form may be faxed to the Vascular Lab at 925-278-7015.
Patient Test Request Form
Back to top