Pain and injuries in the elbow, shoulder and neck are often the result of poor throwing mechanics. With the growing demand for year round baseball/softball, the number of throwing injuries is on the rise. To stay in the game, athletes must have a sound throwing motion.
ValleyCare Physical and Sports Medicine offers Throwing Analysis for athletes of all ages and positions. Using video equipment that offers a frame-by-frame breakdown, a physical therapist will help you analyze your throwing motion. This makes it easy to identify poor mechanics that could lead to injury. After reviewing your throwing motion and performing a musculoskeletal examination, your physical therapist will provide exercises, stretches and advice to improve your throwing and minimize your risk for injury.
All 60 minute evaluations include:
- Biomechanical assessment.
- Frame-by-frame video throwing analysis.
- Individualized throwing instruction.
- Musculoskeletal screening.
- Home exercise program—throwing drills and exercises for strengthening, stability, flexibility and motor control.
Fee: $200 (includes 60 minute evaluation and one 30 minute follow up session).
When: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. by appointment
Back to top