Many women choose to breastfeed their baby. At ValleyCare, we have supportive resources to help you following delivery and beyond. Many of our expert nurses are skilled lactation specialists and can provide you with support, education and assistance. If you are pregnant, want to learn more about breastfeeding, or are seeking breastfeeding assistance, call ValleyCare Breastfeeding Support at 925.416.3598.
To help you achieve your personal breastfeeding goals, ValleyCare breastfeeding consultants can provide you with support, education and any assistance you may need.
- Breastfeeding classes
- Private consultations
- Telephone advice line
- Returning to work issues
- In-hospital assistance
- Electric breast-pump rentals
- Breastfeeding supplies
When might a private consultation be necessary?
- Assistance with position and latch techniques
- Producing adequate milk supply
- Continued soreness or pain with nursing
- Slow weight gain or failure to thrive
- Breastfeeding multiples
- Breastfeeding a preemie
- Continuing milk production when mother or baby is hospitalized
- Feeding observation for reassurance
Various situations may indicate the need for a breast pump. Electric breast pumps may be a consideration if maximum stimulation, efficiency and convenience are needed. The pumps listed below are recommended by lactation specialists worldwide and are available to rent or purchase at ValleyCare's Lactation Center.
Hospital-Grade Breast Pump Rentals
Medela Symphony® Breastpump—This electric hospital-grade pump is designed to establish milk flow for the new mother who has not been able to breastfeed from the beginning.
Ameda Platinum® Hospital-Grade Breast Pump—This electric pump is for duel pumping to help establish and maintain milk supply.
Medela Breast Pump Sales
Pump in Style Advanced Pumps—Available in both the shoulder bag and the backpack design. Separate compartments for kit and milk storage. Fully automated breast pump. Perfect for returning to work or school and maintaining adequate milk supply. Battery pack included.
Freestyle Hands-Free Breast Pump—True pumping mobility with a hands-free option. Rechargeable battery. Two-phase expression technology, duel pumping and an ultra lightweight motor.
Maternity Nursing Supplies
- Bras—comfortable, supportive bras for the nursing mom. Bravado and Medela bras available in a large selection of styles and sizes. Experienced bra fitters available to assist.
- Bustier—hands-free pumping bra
- Medela hydrogels—for sore, cracked nipples
- Lily Padz—to prevent leaking
- Dry baby wipes
- Breast pump parts
- Glamourmom tops
Baby Weight Scale
This scale is available to rent when there is a concern about the baby's weight gain. This scale automatically calculates breast milk intake from pre- and post-feeding weights.