Stanford Health Care - ValleyCare provides specialists in gastroenterology and hepatology for issues ranging from abdominal pain and reflux to acute pancreatitis. Our focus is to enhance your comfort, recovery, and overall quality of life. Our gastroenterologists, who include Stanford Medicine faculty that provide care in Pleasanton, as well as specialty-trained community physicians, provide diagnosis and treatment for adult gastroenterology conditions.
Gastroenterology Conditions Treated
Our gastroenterologists and liver specialist (hepatologist) provide comprehensive, multispecialty care and treatments for many conditions and symptoms including:
- Abdominal pain or distension
- Acute pancreatitis
- Barrett's esophagus
- Celiac disease
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Crohn's disease
- Difficult swallowing
- Eosinophilic esophagitis or gastroenteritis
- Food allergies
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis B and C
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Motility disorders
- Pancreatic cysts
- Paraesophageal hernias
- Primary biliary cirrhosis
- Primary sclerosing cholangitis
- Rectal bleeding
- Ulcerative colitis
Among the treatments provided by our gastroenterologists include:
- Capsule Endoscopy: An examination of the lining of the middle part of the gastrointestinal tract using a pill-size capsule endoscope, which transmits video images to a data recorder.
- Colonoscopy/Colon Cancer Screening: A procedure to examine your large intestine (colon and rectum) for signs of colon polyps, colorectal cancer, and other conditions.
- ERCP: An endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography is a procedure that allows your doctor to diagnose and treat problems in the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound: An imaging technique that uses sound waves to create a computer image of the inside of the esophagus and stomach.
- Upper GI Endoscopy: An examination of the esophagus, stomach and the first part of the duodenum with a scope that is commonly used to help determine the causes of heartburn (GERD), bleeding, abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, and swallowing disorders.
Why Choose Stanford Health Care - ValleyCare
Our gastroenterology and hepatology doctors at Stanford Health Care – ValleyCare have expertise in treating common, complex and rare conditions of the digestive tract. With Stanford Medicine physicians working alongside community doctors, we provide convenient local care with access to the latest innovations and research.
Back to top